We are here for you, however, our physical office will be closed in accordance with the Singapore government measures from 7th April 2020 to 1st June 2020. Read more..

Singapore Employment Pass Application

The Employment Pass (EP) is a work visa for professionals who wish to relocate to and work in Singapore. There are three categories and they are based on the fulfillment of certain salary and professional/educational qualifications.

The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) reviews applications on a case-by-case basis and grants the EP to successful candidates who earn at least $4,500 a month. Older applicants will have to command a higher salary that is commensurate with the work experience and quality they are expected to bring.

Once issued, the EP has a validity of 1 – 2 years and can be renewed if the candidate meets the prevailing renewal criteria.

With an EP, you can travel in and out of Singapore with minimum hassle at immigration. P-level EP holders are also eligible to apply for permanent residency in Singapore.

You can apply for Singapore Employment Pass (EP) work visa, if:

  • You are an entrepreneur, or managing director of a Singapore company and wish to relocate to Singapore to manage your company operations;
  • You are a locally incorporated  company and need to hire employees from overseas because you cannot find the appropriate talent in Singapore;
  • You have an Employment offer from a Singapore employer. In this case, you will need the company to apply for the EP on your behalf.

How We Can Help You

We submit all Employment Pass applications electronically to MOM so that you will learn about the outcome of your application sooner.

The Ministry of Manpower takes between 1-15 days to issue an approval.

Once the application is approved, the Ministry of Manpower will issue an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter via email. The IPA letter must be produced upon collection of the EP at the Work Pass Division at Ministry of Manpower. An IPA letter is valid for six months from the date of notification of approval.

To collect your EP you’ll need to bring:

  • A copy of the IPA letter
  • Recent passport size photograph
  • Original passport with the entry embarkation cards
  • Medical exam report* (if the In-Principle Approval states that you require one)
  • Any other documents that are requested in the approval letter

* You can get a medical examination done in your own country through an established clinic/hospital or in Singapore. Most clinics in Singapore can provide medical examination and report within a day.

Interested in applying for an Employment Pass (EP)?

Leverage our expertise today for the best results! AsiaBiz has immigration and work visa specialists who can help you with your application. Contact us now to request for a quote.
Share This
Call Us
Text Us
Email Us