Singapore General Partnership Registration Guide
A general partnership is a business firm owned by more than 1 individual or company but no more than 20 owners. All partners are fully liable for every act, debt and obligation that arises in the course of business.
The partnership can only be registered after all the partners have endorsed (or consented) to the submission of the online transaction and after the registration fee is paid. This registration takes no more than 15 minutes. However, it may take between 14 days to 2 months if the application needs to be referred to other authorities for approval or review.
For example, if the intention of the general partnership is to carry out activities involving the setting up of a private school, the application will be referred to Ministry of Education (MOE). Please refer to the Referral Authorities Table for more information.
Setup Requirements for General Partnership
All Singapore citizens, Singapore Permanent Residents (PR), Employment Pass (EP), Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass) and Dependant’s Pass (DP) holders can register as a General Partnership. Foreign individuals and companies can register as long as a local resident manager is appointed.
General Partnership for Singapore Residents
- Any Singapore-registered company or a natural person of at least 18 years of age
- Bankrupts who are not discharged and persons disqualified under specific clauses are not eligible to register
- Singapore citizens or Singapore PRs must ensure there are sufficient funds in their Medisave accounts before proceeding with the registration
General Partnership for Foreign Individuals and Companies
- All foreign individuals and companies can register for a General Partnership as long as they appoint a Singapore manager
- The appointed manager must be a natural person of at least 21 years of age, and either a Singapore Citizen, Permanent Resident (PR), Employment Pass (EP), Entrepreneur Pass (EntrePass) or Dependant’s Pass (DP) holder
Documents required for a General Partnership
- Proposed business name
- Description of principal activities
- Local business address for the proposed business
- Copy of Singapore ID for the owner
- Local residential address of General Partnership
- Declaration of compliance and Statement of Non-Disqualification
How AsiaBiz can help: At AsiaBiz, registering your General Partnership can be done in 15 minutes with our efficient and innovative application system as long as you provide all necessary documents and the business name for registration.
Registration may take more time in the event that your business name or nature requires referral to another authority. To ensure a speedy name approval during registration, ensure that your choice of name is not identical or similar to the names of any existing local company or business. Your choice of name must not be obscene or vulgar, already reserved, and infringe on any trademarks or copyright.
Ready to start a General Partnership in Singapore?
We’ve got it all covered. With AsiaBiz, you get a dedicated one-stop solution for your company incorporation, immigration, offshore setup, accounting, taxation, and corporate compliance needs.