Singapore Dependant’s Pass Scheme

The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) allows certain work visa holders to relocate to Singapore with their immediate family members via the Singapore Dependant’s Pass (DP).

This privilege is extended to PEP, an Employment Pass or EntrePass holders who earn a fixed monthly salary of at least S$5,000.

The DP is extended to only your legally married spouse and unmarried biological or legally adopted children under the age of 21.

Parents and parents-in-law of P pass holders, common law spouses, children of common-law spouses, handicapped children aged over 21 and stepchildren aged under 21 who are not eligible for the Dependant’s Pass program may apply for the Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP).

DP holders may work, study or incorporate a company in Singapore.

In order to work, a potential employer will have to apply for a Letter of Consent (LOC) on your behalf. The validity of your LOC is tied to the validity of your spouse’s or parent’s work visa.

Although a DP holder may register a company, he/she cannot be a shareholder or director of the company.

Upon approval, a Singapore Dependant Pass card will be issued that will state personal particulars and validity period. The validity of the Singapore Dependant’s Pass is connected to the main work visa holder. To avoid delays, it is best to apply for Dependant’s Pass when applying for Employment Pass.

Not sure which work pass scheme to apply for?

AsiaBiz has immigration specialists who can answer your queries. Contact us now for a free consultation.
Contact Us
Share This
Call Us
Text Us
Email Us