There are two ways Employment pass application can be submitted to the Authority by online or manual submission.
- The electronic EP application submission online is faster in processing the outcome of the applicant. This route is recommended for applicant who can satisfy the EP eligibility requirements easily stated above.
- Manual submission takes a longer time to process. The advantages are that it allows supporting documents to be submitted, which can enhance the chances of a positive outcome, if the applicant primary eligibility requirements is lacking.
The Online Process
The online process consists of the following steps:
- Step 1: Application to obtain authorization code to submit application online for newly incorporated company. Upon submission, it takes about 7-14 days for Ministry of Manpower to send the authorization code.
- Step 2: Upon Submission of applicant application online, it takes the Ministry of Manpower aroung 3 weeks or more to process the application and notify the outcome. Subsequent application do not have to repeat for step one.
The Manual Process
This manual submission route is normally recommended for applicants who do not satisfy the EP eligibility requirements, but have sufficient supporting credentials to support their EP application
- The Application is submitted manually to MOM with all the supporting documents.
- The processing time is about five weeks upon submission. Processing time may take longer during peak periods or when additional information is required from the various economic agencies.
Posted in: Work Visa FAQs