Can I apply for Employment Pass prior to incorporating my Singapore Company? Why do I need to appoint a resident Director?
All Employment pass application can only be submitted once the Singapore Company has been incorporated. In order to incorporate a Singapore company, you will require the following:
- 1 Shareholder (Can be an individual or Corporation)
- 1 Resident Director (Can be a Singaporean, permanent residence or Employment Pass, EntrePass or Dependant pass holder) AsiaBiz can provide you a nominee resident director to satisfy the statutory requirements until you secure your employment pass.
- 1 Company Secretary name in ACRA as officer of the company (will be provided by AsiaBiz)
- Minimum paid-up capital of S$1
- A local registered office address (will be provided by AsiaBiz)
Once you have obtained your Singapore Employment Pass, you can act as the local resident director. All company incorporation registration process including work pass application can be handled without you having to be in Singapore.
Talk to our experts today to know about foreign company registration options in Singapore.
Posted in: Work Visa FAQs